Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Smile

Smile love kid filter coffee series

Quote: Never frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile
Photographer: Dheepak Ra

I was browsing through my personal album when I stumbled across this. This was shot in my sister's house in Chandigarh. It was shot in the balcony with the light coming in from the north east quadrant.

It took me ages to make up my mind as to how to compose this post. The color version of this snap has lots of details and feels rich whereas B&W also has its own charm. Similarly I didnt know whether to use B&W fonts (like i finally did) or use yellow font (they make a nice contrast with grey scale pictures) Finally I decided to be selfish and restrict the color snap for my personal collection alone.

To be frank I had cropped out lot of stuff which is the reason it lacks clarity at this size. I had to zoom in to make sure that quote doenst overwhelm the picture. But I would love to view the same snap after zooming out. Thereby providing it with enough resolution.

Did you notice that the focus was on the hand instead of the face. If only I had been more careful.......

I have come across several variants of this quote before but couldnt locate the original source. I will place this quote among the top 5% of my collection.

I never got the Model Relase Form signed. I hope these kids wont sue me after a decade or two ;)

Last but not the least, sorry sis for having cropped you out of the snap. Official reason is to respect your privacy but to be honest I had to maintain the theme of the kid's innocent smile.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dheepak.,

Fantastic job.... The photo and the quote gets a depth because of the black/white style.... The message alone gets a emphasised.

This post made my day....

Thanks..

2/28/2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

What cute smiles

3/01/2006 6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this would certainly bring a smile to anyone that sees this snap... very natural and true to the emotion being captured...loved it ...

3/01/2006 3:53 PM  
Blogger kavi said...

gives a pleasant feeling n a smile on ones face looking at the snap....

3/02/2006 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a child's innocent smile can be a magic potion that can make all problems vanish for that moment!! its so natural and lively. nothing better than capturing a happy emotion like this.

3/03/2006 12:19 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Lakshmi, some time next week I will email you the color snap. After seeing that then you decide whether B&W or color is better.

Madelyn, I wanted the focus on the face bcoz the theme is the smile.

Thanks Neel.

Lh, thanks and I hope what you said was true.

Thanks Kavi. Have you and LH decided to take a mini-vacation from blogging?

Shripriya, only prob is that when I spends time with a child, I get carried away so much that I forget that there is an opportunity to capture it. And these are the occasional few times when my mind rules the heart and decide to use the cam.

3/03/2006 9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hope it was true?!! didn't get what you said!
And yes, sort of on the "dull" phase of blogging i guess!!!

3/04/2006 2:17 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

"this would certainy bring a smile to anyone that sees this snap"
It did for me and may be for you too but I am not sure about "anyone" aspect of it.

Dont worry about the so called "dull" phase - they are part of the blogging lifecyle.

3/04/2006 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool One...Continue the good work

3/05/2006 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

3/05/2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger kavi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/08/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger kavi said...

its a forced vacation...right now in the midst of too many things n looking fwd to take a brk n write a post

3/08/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Kavi, you should start blogging from your mobile. Now that blogspot has support for the same, you can compose a post even while travelling btn college/work and home.

3/08/2006 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home