Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Roots

Roots

Quote: Winston Churchill

Normally I welcome the rains, atleast during the summer to get some respite from this scorching heat. However I had choreographed a picture which involved outdoor shoot. Unfortunately the rains played spoilsport and I was prematurely forced to pack up the shoot. All posts for this week have been from back ups only. Yet to shoot a single good shot this week :-(

Pondering over an alternate theme, I decided on wildlife (or should I say domesticated life) photography. Determined to catch hold of "Rana Longanimity", I went on an expedition. After half an hour, I stumbled upon three frogs. Initially none of them would let me come near them. But after crawling with them (literally on all fours) for 20 mins, they started to ignore me. Nice to see atleast some amphibians who can tolerate me :-) Well to cut it short, having patiently waited for it to come to the right spot (light was a big issue) I shot an entire portfolio for the frog. As usual todays quote matched my worst photo of the day. May be I will upload the rest of the snaps soon to Baejaar blog.

If only I had the guts to come so close to a frog in my school days, I would have been a zoologist like my mother if not like Steve Irwin of Crocodile Hunter fame.

Do you prefer the short authors comment of the yore or ones like this with long boring text? I would love to get some feedbacks on this issue.

Disclaimer: Herein I solemnly declare that no animal was ill treated or tortured for this blog composition.

4 Comments:

Blogger రామ ShastriX said...

April showers in Bangalore; awesome!

The quote reminded of a funny story: A Kyoto frog wants to see Tokyo and vice versa. The two cities are separated by a hill. The Kyoto frog reaches the top and notices that Tokyo looks the same as Kyoto, says "What the heck!", and turns back. The same thing happens to the Tokyo frog.

Frogs [pun intended ;-)] can only look back!

4/07/2005 3:40 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Showers may be an exaggeration. Its more of a steady drizzle. But thats sufficient to cool bangalore. As far as the story :-)

4/07/2005 3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need guts to become a zoologist - after all they give u anesthised specimens.

4/07/2005 3:57 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Not only do I need guts to touch that frog (did it for the first time yesterday) but also you should have the heart (or the lack of) to dissect it. Which is still beyond me.....

4/07/2005 4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home