Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Whats in a Name?

A day starts only with the Hindu Newspaper and steaming, hot filter coffee for my dad. Its a routine which has lasted for years. And so do I, but my Hindu is replaced with Slashdot and the filter coffee is a good morning email which I dispatch everyday. It is usually a quote which I had collected over the ages. I merge it with an apt picture and email them to my friends.

Looking at the bloated pst file, I have decided to burden the web servers instead of my harddisk.

I try my best to acknowledge the source. But honestly, I dont know the source of most of my collection of quotes. So if you know the source, please let me know and I will acknowledge the same.

If you have any quote or image to contribute, please forward them to me and I will post them soon.

Feel free to pass these images around though it would be nice, if you added a link back to my blog or atleast "cc"ed the email to me.

If you want to recieve these quotes everyday by email, send me an email baejaar@gmail.com and I will add you to the emailing list.

Unless mentioned otherwise the images are either in the public domain or from "www.freefoto.com".

Update on March 10, 2005:

I started with photos from www.freefoto.com but from March 02, 2005 all the images are being taken by me personally. I am releasing all these images under the Creative Commons - Attribution license

- Dheepak Ra

2 Comments:

Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

You are lying about the fact that you have started this because your hard disk is getting over burdened. It is to avoid falling in the trap of IPR(Intellectual Properties Rights) policies of the company.
Anyway, its a novel idea. Keep it up.
-- Neel Arurkar

2/23/2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Neel, I am afraid u r mistaken. Our company doesnt forbid us from having pst files containing these non-copyrighted works. (Atleast yet to be copyrighted by me). I am ensuring that both the image as well as the quote is in the public domain.

Anyway thanks for the comments.

2/23/2005 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home